[Seaside] Using one component to render multiple views?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Thu Aug 10 21:36:41 UTC 2006

I've got an "admin" sort of component for a set of code I'm working on,
and I was wondering if I have the "admin" component initially put up a
list of anchors/links with callbacks to specific functionality (e.g. add
organization, edit organization, etc), is there a way to allow the
anchor's callbacks to temporarily bring up a new view (that has its own
forms, etc) if you will -- similar to using the #call setup, but without
using a new object that has it's own #renderContentOn: method defined?

If I go that route (which seems reasonable, but tedious), I'll have
separate components for each function I'm looking to do (one for "add
organization", one for "edit organization", etc).. Ideally in my case,
each of these functions (e.g. add organization) will have its own form
and relevant processing, etc.. I'm guessing the proper way to do this is
to use the #call/#answer setup, but thought I'd check to see if there's
a way to do it without creating all of the extra components.

Thanks!

-- Rick