[Seaside] Using one component to render multiple views?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri Aug 11 01:03:25 UTC 2006

Keith Hodges wrote:
> Dear Rick,
>
> It may not be necessary to have lots of different components, if you
> have ever looked at SUnit, there is one class, but each time you
> instanciate an instance you indicate which test case you want that
> instance to run. The test case is run according to its selector.
>
> This piece of smalltalk trickery is handled by Object>>#perform: aSelector
>
> I tried the attached code, in which callbacks are able to switch the
> viewSelector and it seemed to work quite well.

Thanks Keith!  I'll check that out when I get home, but it looks like
what I was looking for.. That should keep me from having a bunch of
needless components lying around.. I'm constantly amazed at the
interesting things that Smalltalk can easily do, but which other
languages either are incapable of doing or not without some really ugly
hacks.. Thanks again!

-- Rick