[Seaside] Scriptaculous - SUEffectsTest, how is this done?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:59:45 UTC 2006

> To prove that the style sheet comes from outside Scriptaculous on your
> computer, try this. Trash your version of Seaside. Download another.
> Disconnect your computer from the Internet. Open Scriptaculous. It will look
> awful, because it cannot fire the link it needs to get the CSS style sheet
> in Bern. Reconnect to the Internet, and try again. Quite a change.

The whole story is the following:

When I started to work on that functional testing suite I directly
referenced the style-sheet from the official script.aculo.us site. You
can still see this in early version on the SqueakSource repository.
Later on I simply swapped that reference to a copy on the
seasidehosting.st server and removed some things that were irrelevant.
The point is now -- again the same problem as already several times
discussed here -- that there are also external image files that I
cannot reference from the style-sheet if I don't have a static
web-server somewhere. Using the extension of Philippe would enable me
to do that using a WAStyleLibrary, though as long as this is not well
tested (I don't blame anyone, this is mainly my own fault) and not
part of the official distribution it simply won't change.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch