[Seaside] Entire html stream in span after html updater

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 05:30:41 UTC 2006

> About your proposed solutions, it seems to me that the second proposed
> solution would probadly be best since it eliminates the need to always
> check for submit buttons on forms that use script.aculo.us. But maybe I
> am just ignorant about your first proposed solution, how would one go
> about implementing it?

1. In this solution you would trigger the form-element instead of the
full form using #triggerFormElement:.

2. So far I tried to avoid changing the script.aculo.us code, since
this is an external library that I cannot control. Also it might be
surprising to find a different behavior than the one described in the
documentation on http://wiki.script.aculo.us. What would be probably
the best is to add a slightly different method to FormElement that
only serializes the input elements and that is internally used by
#triggerForm:

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli