[Seaside] Changing the default resources directory

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 19 14:38:58 UTC 2006

Carl Gundel a écrit :

>By default when I display PNG images from my Seaside application I find that
>I must put my files into the VisualWorks web\examples directory.  Is there
>any way to change this to some other location?

During Seaside install, a "seaside" site is created (unless you declined).
This sample site is configured to use web\examples as its "home" directory.
You can change this "home" directort using the /configure page.
You can also change it programatically.
    (VisualWave.WebSite siteNamed: 'seaside')
        configParameters at: 'directory' put: 'yourpath'.
You can also create a completely new site using an *.ini file
not necessarily named 'seaside' as explained in the documentation.
You just need to make sure that the urls drive the SeasideServlet servlet.
HTH
Michel