[Seaside] Magma on seasidehosting

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 16:41:10 UTC 2006

> I'm going to ask Chris and see what happens.

I opened your image on my machine and it looks like that it tries to
open the database on c:\something\somethingelese. This could be the
problem, this certainly won't work on the linux server.

> I have another questuin for you. In a previous mail you said:
> "...To avoid that people touch critical parts of the system or file of
> other hosted applications we hide them from the file-system using the
> vm..."
> Did you modified the VM to acchieve that? Or you just used the linux
> security mechanism?

Both. We are using a modified version of the VM, with mainly a few
changes to the SecurityPlugin. Then we are also using the security
mechanism of linux and some additional linux tools to restrict CPU and
memory usage.