[Seaside] Getting scriptaculous to work

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:13:56 UTC 2006

> How's the stability of the Squeak VM?  Can I rely on a Squeak VM running a
> Seaside or Magma app to have uptimes in the many weeks or months?

You can't rely on the Squeak VM, you can't rely on the compiler, you
can't rely on the libraries, ... though I still think it is worth to
take the risk, after all you have access to everything, from top to
bottom ;-)

We have some images that run without problems for years and I am sure
that other people have similar success stories. We also had images
that ran for years and then suddenly started to crash or behave bad
otherwise, without any obvious explanation.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli