[Seaside] Newbie questions about Squeak and Seaside

Grant Rettke grettke at acm.org
Thu Aug 24 19:13:04 UTC 2006

> On 24-Aug-06, at 8:55 AM, Warren Henning wrote:

> 2. Do you always just edit one method at a time? Isn't that annoying
> to have to click around so much? Do you always edit new stuff by
> working on one method at a time in the debugger/browser?

Have you ever tried reading some piece of literature and just found that
it "didn't make sense". I mean, you can read it, but, you just get any
value out of it? This happened for me the first time I tried reading
Plato's book Republic. My brain wasn't ready. I need to more experience
with life before reading it again. Smalltalk is the same way (for me,
at least).

You need experience with lots of different languages and also you need
a good amount of real world experience on billable work.

The first time I looked at Smalltalk I thought the syntax was "crazy",
and didn't look much further. Now, years later, I look back and laugh
at myself.