[Seaside] renders merged?

Sergio Gianatiempo gianatiempo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:23:53 UTC 2006

Hi!
first of all, i use to write t1 'cause i've seen it somewhere else,
and im a bit lazy to write;)

im trying to implement a form to catch the user input, making a
subclass of WALabelledFormDialog, now, i need to get a date from the
user.
here i had 2 problems, i dont know very well how to render the date
and asking to a friend, he suggest me to use WADateInput, using
WARenderCanvas, because WAHtmlRender is the old canvas and is here
only for compatibility, so, i start to move on to the new canvas, and
i must now rewrite everything to fit the new canvas.
thats why i was thinking how much usefull will be to be able to use
both canvas simultaneously.

On 8/24/06, Michael Roberts <mike at mjr104.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first thing I noticed was your 't1'.  Did you paste that from your
> method or type that by hand?  If it's the former you might have a
> problem with your sources files not being available.  It looks like
> your source is being decompiled - it's easy to fix.
>
> Second, with the components that you are talking about - are you
> trying to embed them in a page?  If so do they not both respond to
> #render: ?
>
> html render: myObject
>
> from
> http://www.seaside.st/Documentation/EmbeddingSubcomponents/
>
> Can you give us a more concrete example of what you're trying to do?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike
>

> On 24 Aug 2006, at 18:47, Sergio Gianatiempo wrote:
>
> > Hi ppl!
> >
> > im newbie with squeak and seaside, and im having some troubles from
> > time to time trying to make thing work beacuse there are Components
> > that need to be rendered with WAHtmlRenderer and others with
> > WARenderCanvas.
> >
> > i think (i dont know if its possible/reachable) in a way to render
> > content with both canvas... something like:
> > renderContentOn: t1
> >   t1 renderWithCanvas:[...].
> >   t1 renderWithRenderer:[...].
> >
> > so u can change render every time u need, i think that its not so
> > simple... but, can we do it? its something possible, or im dreaming??
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Sergio Gianatiempo

Sergio Gianatiempo