[Seaside] WAComponent

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 20:35:59 UTC 2006

> Lucas, I fired up Pier last night after having not touched it in a while,
> went to do a small project and none of my components worked anymore,
> couldn't configure their settings.  Turned out seaside's WAComponent now
> includes an accessor on the class side called description, which returns the
> class name, and overrides what Magritte expects to be a description builder.

Load the latest version of Magritte, this bug is fixed there.

> Have you noticed this or are you working mostly in 3.9 with pragma's and not
> using the older builders?

No I am not using the pragmas for descriptions yet, Magritte only has
experimental support for pragmas. The default is still the naming
convention.

> I also had quite a few issues just loading the
> latest versions from your repository, kept getting warnings from Monticello
> about it not being able to find a previous version, yet the version was
> right there.  Comments?

I experienced the same and others have reported this issue as well,
see the pier mailing-list. I didn't find out why this happened. Maybe
incompletely committed versions? Broken committ image? I didn't find
out the problem. The latest have been reported to work though.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli