[Seaside] Join forces

Pavel Krivanek squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz
Mon Aug 28 12:40:50 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm creating ShoreComponents layout for Magritte and I see some
compatibility problems that originate from differences between common
Seaside components and ShoreComponents. I have solved it but it also
ment to create the modified stand-alone copy of all classes in
Magritte-Seaside. This is not good way to go.

I think that we should look at current Seaside, Magritte,
ShoreComponents and other projects and find a way how to increase code
reusability. Conceive it as optional modules of one big framework that
together with persistency model can bring more easy way how to create
Seaside applications.

Traits may be the good answer on some issues but we don't want to
break VW compatibility.

Any suggestions and comments?

-- Pavel