[Seaside] Join forces

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Aug 29 20:45:57 UTC 2006

> More of a problem for Magritte is that it was using the
> selectors #description and #asComponent for different things
> than recently introduced by Seaside.
> Cheers,
> Lukas

#description is a problem beyond Seaside, I still think this selector is far
to general to be in the framework.  Not being able to have #description as
an accessor on domain objects I find a huge pain.

#name and #description are probably the two most common fields in a business
object, if I look in most of the databases around here, just about every
table has a description column, having to map this to something else in the
model bothers me.

Objects don't break when I override #name and do what I want with it, as I'm
just providing a more specific name, but #description is another story.  We
had this conversation once, but given the incontinence it poses to a domain
model, I still disagree with you, #description was a bad choice for a
selector.  That its recent introduction into Seaside broke something, was
inevitable.