[Seaside] Join forces

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 22:04:19 UTC 2006

> Or, hmm, thinking out loud...
>
> anObject descriptor
> anObject definition
> anObject representation
> anObject specification
> anObject type
>
> All of these seem rather uncommon to me, at least as "simple" fields on
> common domain objects and still kind of jive with what Magritte is doing.
> #type is even in other languages what #class is in Smalltalk, would have
> good synergy with #class, which is what you were shooting for.

Exactly. I like #type because of its shortness, though a description
is not really the same as a type. #definition seems to be rather
common in the Smalltalk Behavior hierarchy, as well it is heavily used
in Monticello and OmniBrowser. I like #descriptor, but again it is
used by OmniBrowser.

Thanks,
Lukas

--