[Seaside] Object Instances / Garbage collection

Dmitri Zagidulin dmitri at zagidulin.net
Thu Aug 31 18:26:03 UTC 2006

I suspect this might be a general Squeak question, but I want to ask
it here in case Seaside adds some complications or things to consider:

How do I delete object instances (is forcing garbage collection
involved) from the image?

So, for instance, say I have a simple Shopping Cart and Items sort of setup.
I add several Items to the cart, which creates instances of those objects.

And then I want to remove them from the cart, delete them. But they're
still around in the image, inspecting
Item allInstances
still reveals those items which are no longer in the cart.

This sort of thing happens all the time in my web apps (I'm using the
simplest form of persistence - in image, no database or anything,
while prototyping), and I'm wondering how you guys get around that.

~Dmitri