[Seaside] Linux Seaside server problem

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 3 15:42:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 03:44:11PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:
> Ok, this is silly, I think over Christmas here I'm going to rework
> the unix socket code because of course it's used in
> the mac-osx carbon code too and I can't take the flaky behaviour
> anymore. However what I need is someone who
> will compile code on their machine, I'll note they should have build
> their own VM for testing/production purposes so I don't have
> to figure out how to make that all work, and they need to have a test
> case or test environment where they can show a hung VM or bad socket
> behaviour.
>
> Anyone who can meet these criteria please step forward and email me
> so I can start some testing and diagnostics.
>
> Please note I've already a test case where if I talk to the
> sophieproject MC server over dialup it's impossible to check things in
> because it hangs at a certain point at the client wanting to read the
> list of MC file names from the server.

Hi John,

If you or someone else can provide the test cases, I can build and test
VMs for you on Linux.

I have a Pentium box with Linux 2.4.21 (an older SuSE distribution),
and a 64 bit AMD laptop with Linux 2.6.13 (and OpenSuSE distribution).

I have not personally experienced socket problems, nor do I run a
Seaside server, so I would need to have someone provide repeatable
tests that show the current failures.

Let me know if I can help.

Dave