[Seaside] Re: [Q] On URL rewriting

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Dec 6 17:43:54 UTC 2006

Sungjin Chun wrote:
> I want to use url like this "/app/appname/AAA/BBB" instead of default
> one "/seaside/appname?_k=AAA&_s=BBB". Could this be done?

Certainly can be done, because the URLs used to look
just like that (back somewhere around version 2.3, I think).

Many users disliked these "scary" character strings that
would appear in the URL. Somehow, it's less scary when
these random strings appear in the querystring part.
There was all sorts of paranoid speculation on what
these URLs were hiding. It also made bookmarks cumbersome,
since they looked like different URLs in the browser history.