[Seaside] Adding domain to a cookie

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:59:38 UTC 2006

> I'm just pointing out that Seaside is deficient in this area, not that it
> applies to his problem.  Seaside can't currently allow a cookie to be shared
> between web.foo.com and app.foo.com, even though they are both on the same
> domain, because the implementation of WACookie is incomplete and doesn't
> allow you to explicitly set the domain of a cookie, as most other web
> frameworks would allow you to do.

Please feel free to add this functionality. The reason that WACookie
doesn't provide this functionality could be that nobody needed it ;-)

I never felt the need to use a cookie during 4 years of Seaside
experience. After all Seaside provides much nicer ways to remember
information between request than to use cookies. The only thing I can
think of were cookies could be useful are for evil things like
tracking people visiting the site.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli