[Seaside] Seaside and GOODS

Benjamin Pollack benjamin.pollack at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 18:10:20 UTC 2006

On 12/15/06, Martin Beck <martin.beck at hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Am Freitag 15 Dezember 2006 17:53 schrieb Benjamin Pollack:
>
> Thanks, I'll use that. Didn't know with which solution to go. Another
> issue
> is, as stated by someone here, the performance. If I insert for example
> 14000
> entries in a batch, the commit is very long (20mins)... Any reason for
> this?

I don't know the reason, but I've had the same problem. Two years ago in
college I was trying to write a Gmail-style web-based email client, using
GOODS for the back-end. Part of the problem was that I wanted full-text
search, which requires adding tens of thousands of objects to a collection
in one commit on certain occasions. At the time, I eventually hit upon
committing the changes in batches as a compromise between long commits and
network latency. After some tuning, I think I managed to speed things up
about five times or so that way.

--Benjamin