[Seaside] Accent encoding problem with seaside and scriptaculous

Florian Minjat florian.minjat at emn.fr
Mon Dec 18 08:00:53 UTC 2006

Hi,
   I spent two hours yesterday to figure that out.
   I have a form with an ajax button (scriptaculous) which trigger the
form when clicked. But if I have some accented or special characters
in the input fields of the from, they are stored with errors.
   At first I tought it was
HTTPRequest>>decodeUrlEncodedForm:multipleValues: and
String>>unescapePercents which were broken. Then that it's the
scriptaculous script which is guilty.
   This bug is pretty obvious to test, at least on my squeak
(seaside2.6b1-mb.127 Scriptaculous-lr.162) : juste use the form part
of the scriptaculous example. If you input 'forêt' you get a
forêt in seaside. The POST variable value transmitted to seaside is
'for%C3%AAt'. But the URL-encode value for the character 'ê' should be
'%ea'.
   But I tried this example on scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st, and it
is displayed well with the same post value. So the guilty should be
seaside or Kom.
   Anyone as an idea how to make seaside understand the percented
values the way it should ?

Florian