[Seaside] get the full path of a file when using a WAFile Component

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon Dec 18 20:26:34 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> But me I NEED THE FULLPATH OF THE FILE.HOW CAN I GET IT ?
>
> You can't, basically because the standard disallows you to get the
> full path (otherwise that would be a big security leak). THere are
> still some old and buggy browser around, that provide the full path,
> but you can't count on that.

I read that as the full path to the file on the server-side. For
example, in PHP the file is uploaded to: $_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name']
and the original name (without path) would be in:
$_FILES['userfile']['name'].

Since you didn't mention anything about this Lukas, I'm guessing there
is no file server-side with Seaside, just the data held in an object. If
that's the case, then I guess you just open an output stream and write
out the data to a file of your choosing William.

 > SECOND : How could I create a WAFile class object using only the
fullPath of a file ?

I guess you'd just set the content: to an opened file-stream. Any
experienced smalltalkers know better?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd