[Seaside] Session management

Dario Trussardi dtrussardi at tiscali.it
Wed Dec 20 20:55:15 UTC 2006

Hello All,

i work with VW7.4.1 and seaside support.

When i open a new web session i'm interested to open link to database and other link,

and  when the Session is close or Expire Seconds is trigger i'm interested to intercept it and close my open link.

What do i do ?

I have create MyWASessiona subclass of WASession with start: and unregistered method.
I use it to initialize MyWebApplication preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: MyWASession.

Question A:

Now when open the MyWebApplication the start: method work fine but i nedd to define my work first to call super start: aRequest.

        start: aRequest
            self halt.
            super start: aRequest

work fine

but:

        start: aRequest
           super start: aRequest
           self halt.

don't execute self halt.

It's all ok, or there is another solution to do it ?

Question B:

When the Session Expire Seconds is trigger my unregistered method is not intercepted.
And when i clic on Terminate action i have the same problem.

What i wrong ?

Because the MyWASession instances increasing?
What do i do to close they?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Dario Trussardi Romano