[Seaside] More on stability problems

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Dec 22 09:51:12 UTC 2006

Hi Vincent,

Its hard to tell what the problem is without more information.

I suggest you try to gather more data points. For example:
- don't start headless, see whether UI still responds, try to open a
debugger on the running process (alt-.)
- if above does not work, attach to the process with gdb and print
the call stacks and a backtrace
- what is the CPU and memory usage of the Squeak process?

You could also prepare an image which people can download.

We have some other working configurations than the ones Lukas
mentioned. I've recently investigated the other VM problem which you
(and we) work around with the -mmap parameter. Apparently the problem
occurs only on a 2.6 Linux kernel but not on 2.4 (will post more
details later). Anyway, the problem you are experiencing, seems to be
something different.

Adrian