[Seaside] More on stability problems

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 23 17:56:57 UTC 2006

Vincent Girard-Reydet writes:
 > Adrian,
 >
 > Unfortunaltely I can't do UI because I have no local console to my server.
 > What I can tell at the moment the problme appears:
 >    - CPU usage: peak at 99.9% when teh bug appears, then between 88.2
 > and 89.6 %
 >    - virt. memory usage: 502M (no change with when no problem)
 >    - backtrace:
 > #0  0x0806fdf7 in updatePointersInRangeFromto (memStart=1148,
 >      memEnd=-1705236052)

Given that backtrace I'd try playing around with the -memory option.
The values for memStart and memEnd look suspicious to me. I'd suspect
that you've run into a signed arithmetic with pointers bug.

That can happen if your object memory crosses the 2G point as the
values below will be positive and the values above negative.

Bryce