[Seaside] WATable cellspacing and cellpadding deprecated?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 23:24:17 UTC 2006

> > They were never deprecated by W3C AFAIK, so removing them from Seaside
> > would be a bit premature.
>
> IMHO you're right
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/attributes.html
> (same goes for border)
> Lukas can you explain the rationale behind this?

Seaside2.7a1-lr.145 removes the deprecation of #cellpadding: and
#cellspacing:, even though I still think it is bad design to use them
(separation of logic and design). #border: is still deprecated as the
same effect can be easily and much more generic achieved using CSS.

Btw, calling deprecated code does not mean that this method is going
to disappear in 2.7, this will maybe happen in 2.8. It might also be
that these methods will be moved into a separate package later on (if
somebody requests that). What we are trying to do is to reduce the
code to relevant methods and to avoid cluttering up the interfaces
with more and more stuff nobody really needs. Of course this is
difficult, since we don't have a worldwide-sender browser ;-)
Deprecation gives the possibility to discuss these issues.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli