[Seaside] Money ScaledDecimal is it really *appropriate*

Martin J. Laubach mjl at laubach.at
Sat Feb 4 14:36:11 CET 2006

| Wonderful.  I sign up to implement this.  It will be a fun exercise.

  Just as pointer -- check what POSIX and Windows have as
properties for their currencies settings. AFAICR, there are
quite a bit more than you summarized. For example, I'm missing:

  - number of decimal places to the left for separating thousands
    (yes, there are really currencies out there where you split
    off *four* digits)
  - what to use as decimal point and what as thousand separator
    (in Europe, it's "," and ".")
  - where to put the currency sign (before or after the number)

  Probably quite a few unusual corner cases more, check it out...

	mjl