[Seaside] static image files

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 8 09:04:32 CET 2006

In the projects I am participating in, I always recommend having static
images
stored as Smalltalk source code in methods that return a byte array

    html
        imageWithDocument: (ImageLibrary perform: imageName asSymbol)
        mimeType: 'image/jpeg'
        fileName: imageName, '.jpg'.

This produces a large Smalltalk image, but makes versioning and
configuration
a lot easier, since the application and the images are guaranteed to be
in synch.

On how to store static images into Smalltalk methods in VW, load parcel
named
"SeasideWebDesignerTool" and located in the BonusPack folder.
See a demo at http://mbany.ath.cx/seaside/go/WebDesignerTool

Michel.