[Seaside] Content Management System in Seaside

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:50:56 UTC 2006

Hi:

I'm developing a similar project, aimed to be used in Real Estate
business and, may be, some others (as car agencies and so).

My first customer is a small RE company, then I'm not worried about
the persistence, and will plan starting with the best I know: The
Image itself (using object serialization to "back up" my "data") as
I'm using in my project "Promoter".

When the need of a more elaborated persistence arise, I will evaluate
some real object strategy, as Magma by example, but not plan to use
RDBMs anymore :)

HTH.
gsa.

2006/2/9, Chad Nantais <cnantais at gmail.com>:
> I have been asked to build a small CMS for a client and would like to
> develop it in the Seaside framework.
>
> My question is: what's the best option for storing the pages in the
> content management system (files, RDBMS, object db, etc)?
>
> Here are some of the requirements/constraints:
> -pages consist of meta data, title, html-tagged content
> -no more than 250 pages will be stored
> -pages must be searchable (search does not need to be lightning-fast)
> -pages will be organized into a hierarchical structure of categories
> and subcategories (no more than 3 levels deep).
> -will be hosted on a VPS, so I can install whatever is necessary.
> -traffic amounts to a few hundred page views per day.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chad

Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz