[Seaside] [Q] Seaside, SeasideAsync, Scriptaculous?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:19:03 UTC 2006

> You mean SeasideAsync and Scriptaculous does the same thing, Ajax?
> Then, what is the difference between them?

As far as I know, SeasideAsync is using its own client-side JavaScript
library. It does not provide sophisticated visual effects,
drag-and-drop, new controls, ...

Scriptaculous is using the well-known prototype based JavaScript
library. It is much more powerful than SeasideAsync and overcomes most
limitations.

> Can I find doc on this or example code?

The Scriptaculous has got an example application SUExample, if you
load the latest version reachable at
<http://localhost:8080/seaside/scriptaculous>. I don't know for
SeasideAsync, but you could just try to load it and look at its code.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch