[Seaside] [Q] Seaside, SeasideAsync, Scriptaculous?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Feb 15 07:37:25 UTC 2006

Sungjin Chun <chunsj at embian.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You mean SeasideAsync and Scriptaculous does the same thing, Ajax?
> Then, what is the difference between them?
>
> Thanks in advance.

As Lukas wrote - SeasideAsynch is the first attempt at an Ajax solution
- based on the "old" rendering API, which still is the default one
though. A component decides which API to use by implementing
rendererClass, check references to WARenderCanvas to find components
written for the new API - I noticed that ShoreComponents are written
against the new Canvas API so I looked at that code for some hints.

Scriptaculous is the new Ajax attempt based on the Canvas API.

So in short - use Seaside2a3 with WARenderCanvas with Scriptaculous. :)

regards, Göran

PS. I haven't yet actually used any of these.