[Seaside] [Q] Rendering Unicode String

Sungjin Chun chunsj at embian.com
Sat Feb 18 15:17:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently learning seaside using tutorials in seaside site. Now,
I've encountered problems in rendering unicode string(korean). I've
used heading: method in renderContentOn: method. The arguments are
WideString with value of '한글' (this means korean alphabet) it
displayed correctly with System Browser and I can read/write this
string from/to file as UTF-8 without problem. But my seaside
application, "hello", does not work; actually it  casts html to
browser only some first part. If I remove '한글' from
renderContentOn: or replace it with english string like 'Korean', it
works again. Can anyone let me know the process of rendering(the
methods/classes and etc) so that I can track this bug?

Thanks in advance.

PS)
Funny thing is that if I edit this method using Web Browser which
means using seaside's Web Based System Browser, it can display '한
글' without problem, but this time I only get some unreadable string
in Squeak's SystemBrowser.