[Seaside] Seaside, Omnibase, OmnibaseSupport - markDirty failing

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 20:27:12 UTC 2006

> I'm learning to use Seaside with Omnibase and am having some issues.
> I'm getting a "ODBError: Object is not persistent or is a part of
> composite persistent object" when calling markDirty on an object.

If I were you, I would try with GOODS or Magma to get started in
Seaside, else it is very likely that you get frustrated soon.

OmniBase is very powerful, but together with Seaside it is simply
painful. It took me months to fully understand when objects are
commited, when they need to be marked persistent, when they need to be
manually proxied (asPersistentReference), when they are automatically
proxied, how they are transfered from one transaction to the other,
etc ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--