[Seaside] [Q] FastCGI + Squeak?

Sungjin Chun chunsj at embian.com
Mon Feb 20 13:26:15 UTC 2006

On Feb 20, 2006, at 7:35 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> For load balancing.
>
> But still, you can do that easily with rewrite rules and proxying. Can
> you explain the advantage of using FastCGI?

Connection or Request Count Based Load Balancing, like LVS(Linux
Virtual Server).

>> Now, here comes another question, if there's many
>> request per seconds, ie., high load, what is best deployment strategy
>> for this?
>
> As you said, the strategy is to do a per-session load balancing onto
> multiple images. I think a good guideline is to have one CPU and 1 GB
> of RAM for each image, but that might also depend on your persistency
> backend.

Multiple Images for Single Application in One Server? Or Single Image
in Single Server?

What I want to write in Seaside is actually not for performance. But
I want to know general guideline for performance in seaside application.

Thanks in advance.