[Seaside] [Q] FastCGI + Squeak?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Mon Feb 20 23:05:55 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli wrote:
> Did you enable "ProxyPreserveHost On" (it enabled Seaside to get
> absolute-urls correctly)? Did you set the correct base-path in the
> Seaside application configuration?
>
> My rewrite-rule looks like:
>
> 	RewriteEngine On
> 	RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8080/seaside/app/$1 [P,L]

Nope.. no "ProxyPreserveHost on" is in my httpd.conf file.. I was
actually trying to follow a document that
was suggested here (see link below) last year (if I recall) for getting
a reverse proxy up and running to allow
Seaside to appear on an Apache served page/virtual host.. It looks like
you're using mod-rewrite as
opposed to mod_proxy.. What's the general consensus on which is
better/easier?  I'll argue that mod-proxy
is not very easy to setup in my opinion, but that may be due to the fact
that I know as little Apache crud
as I need to know to get by.  If you don't mind, can you enlighten me
(and hopefully others) on what settings
should be used to get Apache to serve Seaside pages with working
self-referential links?

Thanks!

-- Rick