[Seaside] [Q] FastCGI + Squeak?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Tue Feb 21 01:10:03 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli wrote:
> [ ... ]
> RewriteRule ^/foo/(.*)$ http://localhost:8080/seaside/foo/$1 [P,L]
> RewriteRule ^/bar/(.*)$ http://localhost:8080/seaside/bar/$1 [P,L]
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:9090/seaside/zork/$1 [P,L]

Lukas,

Is it safe to assume that using the above rewrite rules won't get you
past a setup where the Seaside webserver
(aka squeak) is hidden behind a firewall and not directly accessible to
the public, and that is when you'd use a
reverse proxy setup which does the extra steps to be the go-between the
user's browser session and the "other"
web server (in this case squeak's).. I believe that's ultimately the
decision maker here (and perhaps slightly off topic)
on whether to use a reverse proxy or just rewriting rules like those
above.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.. In the meantime
I'll continue looking for ways to fix my reverse proxy setup so it works
for all links..

-- Rick