[Seaside] Application/Session Objects

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Wed Feb 22 09:49:54 UTC 2006

Rich Warren wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Where/how should I create objects that will be available to the entire
> application or session?
>
> The primary example would be a connection pool for a database. Each
> session needs to have its own connection, which is used throughout the
> session, and all sessions need to access the application's pool.

I'm in a similar position to Rich as chance would have it, so I'll tack
my query onto his if that's OK. I'm looking for hooks at start/end of
request processing to fetch/return db connections to a pool.

 From googling and rummaging through the source it looks like I should
be overriding WARequestHandler>>handleRequest or similar. The mail
archives  seemed to suggest that if a request didn't complete though I'd
need to take further steps to clean up connections.

Am I in the right direction here?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd