[Seaside] integration with non-seaside web site

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Wed Feb 22 15:41:52 UTC 2006

Hi

Basically what I want to do is to edit a specific object with seaside,
but the editor will be called by another site not developped in seaside.

My objects are from an event class, let's say they have two inst var,
gpsPosition and identifier.

I use Magritte to get the editor...  anEvent asComponent... in squeak
but what I'd like to do is to display events on a map, then clicking on
one of them should bring an editor or a viewer... But for that, I need
to provide an URL to the map developer

I was thinking on using something like:

http://mySite:myPort/seaside/eventEditor/1234   (1234 is a sample
identifier...)

Is it possible to do that (maybe by adding fonctionalities in WAUrl or
WARequest...)
or do you see a better way ?

Thank you
Cédrick