[Seaside] Dumb newbie problem with repeating a call/answer

Ramon Leon rleon at insario.com
Wed Feb 22 20:49:11 UTC 2006

> that's cool.. I'm now creating my first website... and I've
> been using HtmlRendering.
> Any pointers on docs I should read first for learning the canvas API?
> It seems similar.

Canvas is much better, it's just like html.

Name a tag

(html anchor)

then set properties on it

(html anchor)
  id: 'test';
  onClick: 'alert("hey")';
  callback:[];
  liveCallback:[];
  text: 'bla'.

this pattern applies to all tags

(html div)
  id: 'cool';
  cssId: 'coolDiv';
  with:[].

Use with:[] as the last message to a tab, with:[] is what causes it to
render, and with:[] is the container, put other tags inside it.  Now you
don't have to memorize a bunch of weird methods like anchorWithAction or
whatever, just pop open a browser on the tags themselves, to see what
properties you can set on them.