[Seaside] Fast Production Pier

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Feb 23 00:53:28 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>> 2. The setup on my own gentoo linux looks slightly more complicated.
>>> First of all I use daemon-tools <http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html> to
>>> make sure the image runs all the time. The startup-script looks like:
>>>
>>>       #!/bin/sh
>>>       exec \
>>>               nice \
>>>               setuidgid apache \
>>>               squeak -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null pier.image
>>>

>> Lukas & All,
>>
>> where do you usually place your squeak image in the directory tree? Is
>> it under /var/www/ ?
>>
>> And, who is running your bash script above? /etc/rc.local?
>>

> I am using the daemon-tools, a powerful replacement to rc.local,
> inittab, init.d, and friends. It is like a super-daemon that controls
> a set of daemons and ensures that they run all the time.
>
> So for the setup I followed the directory structure suggested as by
> the daemon-tools:
>
> /service -- all daemon-tools daemons should be in here

what do you mean by "all daemon-tools daemons"?
I have nothing in the directory but the subdir that contains the "run"
file and squeak image/changes/sources files.

I can see "service" apps running in ps ax, but no squeak running. I
basically copied your script and placed it in a file called "run" the
subdir as you state below: