[Seaside] seasidehosting.st - questions, comments, tips

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:26:37 UTC 2006

> In what order do the accounts appear? Is it random,
> process id, activity level?

That's random, it is on my things to bug-fix list now ... ;-)

> I had to upgrade Seaside from 2.5 to 2.6. It was a simple
> connect to SqueakSource, find the latest 2.6, and load.
> [...]

Thanks for this excellent description. A point maybe worth to mention
is how to make the application appear in the root directory, so that
others can find it even they don't type/know the full path
/seaside/app:

- In the Seaside configuration-interface set your application as
default entry point (only available in current 2.6 Seaside versions).
Change the base-path of the application to "/". From now on your
application running directly in the root, other applications like
/seaside/config, ... etc. still work.

Cheers,
Lukas

--