[Seaside] static image files

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Feb 24 23:45:01 UTC 2006

I don't quite understand why one would have to restart the server to
serve a static image file in a directory.
Isn't there a default directory from which to place files that can be
served? And if so, what is it? I only see Resource Base Url as a setting
in config, but I don't know what that is.

I suppose it is better to create a dictionary of graphics if they are
small so that locating the image is not a problem every time.
How do others do it? What is the best way to serve graphics (be it small
or large!)

thanks,

brad

(BTW: I've spent several days creating a seaside website from scratch
and I'm almost ready to deploy a _BASIC_ version of it. Still got some
kinks. I'm having quite a bit of fun. Seaside is wonderful. I hope that
we can do more than we could with Flash. Certainly looks so.)