[Seaside] Let me see if I understand correctly...(more DB pool, application/session stuff).

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 02:01:33 UTC 2006

On Feb 27, 2006, at 5:54 PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> Just as a bit of history, there is a WAApplication class and there
> used to be UI for specifying a subclass to use for each entry
> point.  But nobody ever used it.  Everything was either session
> specific (session instance side) or specific to all applications
> that used one session subclass (class side of session) or shared
> across several "applications", in which case having other globals
> (whether they be singletons, classes, or whatever) made the most
> sense.
>
> I believe you can still technically subclass WAApplication and
> programatically create an entry point with something like:
>
> WADispatcher default registerEntryPoint: (MyApplicationSubclass
> new) at:  'foo'

You can do this from the config UI too - note that there's a select
box when you create a new entry point that's almost always left at
"Seaside Application", but other options are possible too.  If you
override #description on the class side of your application subclass,
you'll be able to choose it from that list.

I use this for WAEntryPoint subclasses that aren't applications at
all (and don't create sessions, but act more like straight servlets),
on the rare occasions I need that (example: a REST API).

Avi