[Seaside] SeasideAsync problem with Mozilla/Firefox

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 12:01:36 CET 2006

Hi

Finally I have been able to track down a problem with liveupdate on
Firefox and Mozilla (probably happens on every Gecko browser (Galeon,
Epiphany, Camino, Kmeleon, Skipstone, Netscape, ... ).

Steps to reproduce
- load the attached monticello file
- register the LPDemo component and visit it
- type same charaters fast into the textfield like `aaa'
- make a short pause so that the request gets sent, but not so long
that the request gets serviced. So I'd say 0.5 to 1 second.
- type same charaters fast into the textfield like `bbb'

observed behavior:
you get a white page

desired behavior:
you get a textfield and the text you typte

By looking into the Javascript Console I found out that I the
following exception happened:

document.getElementById(id) has no properties

in:

function liveSearch(id, uri)
{
	function constructUri()
	{
		return addParameter(uri, "s", document.getElementById(id).value);
//problem here
	}

   	var updater = liveUpdater(constructUri, false);
	var last = "";
	var timeout = false;

Cheers
Philippe