[Seaside] My progress with Seaside...

Jeremy Shute shutej at crazilocks.com
Wed Jan 4 18:44:25 CET 2006

> I'm just curious why this is relevant since the browser should cache the
> js file once it's been downloaded, it's not like that 120k goes down on
> every hit?

Even to break the SUScriptLibrary into an explicitly-coded dependency
graph would be a good thing, whereby you can include various versions
depending on the features you need.  Paying 120K for something you don't
use (even if you pay it once), is wasteful.

The chiefest of my problems right now is rendering speed, which I misspoke
about.  The profiler numbers at the bottom show that it takes ~350ms to
render a ~90K page.  If I search for something on Google (the "bar" in
terms of user experience) and tack on the &num=50 parameter (where they
are pumping ~90K to me), it ALSO takes about ~350ms, but their response
time is almost instantaneous!

It "feels" slow, but according to the numbers, it's the same.  I've got to
investigate why.

Jeremy