[Seaside] My progress with Seaside...

Jeremy Shute shutej at crazilocks.com
Thu Jan 5 17:34:20 CET 2006

After looking long and hard at the mod_lisp code, I have concluded that it
probably does not do streaming, as it, too, outputs the length in the
header field.  It can't have that content length to print until the entire
page has been finalized.

Which basically means I can't use Seaside any further on this project.  :-(

Jeremy

> Does the mod_lisp code do streaming???
>
> Jeremy
>

>> Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - Comanche doesn't offer a way to stream output back to the browser;
>>> the entire response has to be generated before the browser sees any
>>> of it.  With google, the browser is getting the top of the page
>>> immediately and can start showing it to you.  That makes a big
>>> difference in perceived speed.
>>
>> If anyone has code for this, feel free to email me. I haven't checked
>> the standard - should the server do something special for streaming, or
>> is it just a matter of coding it up so we can pump it back continuously?
>> If so I could perhaps make a stab at it.
>>
>> regards, Göran
>>

> GPG PUBLIC KEY: 0xA2B36CE5

GPG PUBLIC KEY: 0xA2B36CE5