[Seaside] [BUG] [2.6a2-avi.66] #request doesn't work anymore

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 01:07:36 CET 2006

On Jan 3, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:
>> No, it's fine to send #request: from a callback, just not directly
>> from
>> #renderContentOn:.
>
> Perhaps this is a situation where a dynamic context check could
> provide
> a more perspicuous error message?

I can see the motivation behind this patch, but I'm inclined not to
adopt it - I don't think this is a major source of confusion for most
people, and not something you're likely to do accidentally and have a
hard time tracking down, once you understand the basic issue.  So
cluttering things up with an explicit check seems unnecessary.

Avi