[Seaside] Re: CSS question

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:22:18 CET 2006

On Jan 9, 2006, at 1:40 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> I don't have a good understanding of how CSS is applied.  I see in
>> the source view of the page several references to CSS files, but I
>> do not understand what generates those entities.  Would someone
>> explain?
>
> Right now they are just on http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/sw2/
> style.css, as referenced from PRPierFrame>>style. You might want to
> copy those files to one of your servers, and change that URL. I
> know this solutions is bad, but right now there is no easy way to
> include the pictures referenced from the CSS otherwise. I am
> definitely investigating a better solution.

Check out #resourceUrl: and the #resourceBaseUrl configuration
parameter.  I'm not sure I totally understand the issue but they
might help.

> Avi, what do you think about slightly changing the way those
> libraries are working? My idea would be to map the selected
> libraries of an application to URLs like http://localhost:8080/
> seaside/application/_lc=class&_ls=selector so that those files can
> be directly referenced from within each other and would be also
> cached across sessions.

They are already cached across sessions.  The idea behind the current
approach is that their URL changes IFF the content changes, so that
they can be cached forever.

> Moreover, i would like to make it possible to return a mime
> document so that files can be served without the need to tweak
> something with the web-server. This should be possible in a
> backward compatible way. What do you think? Should I give a go?

Isn't this possible already?  What changes are you proposing?

Avi