[Seaside] Re: CSS question

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:45:39 CET 2006

> Or use HV2 for handling static urls. I am in fact tempted to rework HV2
> so that it can work as a "companion" to Seaside. Well, it can already -
> but I should give more info on it and also align it with the newer HTML
> creation code in Seaside, now that I am finally working with Seaside
> (hurray!).

Yeah, that would probably help, but I dare to add yet another
prerequisite to Pier, it already takes half an hour to load into a
fresh image on my laptop. I think this is a functionality that Seaside
should be able to provide on its own.

>From a design point of view I guess that WAStringLibrary takes too few
responsibilities. Mhh ok, the name is good for what it does, but I
would like to have something called WAStaticLibrary that can serve
any-file type deterministic (so that it can be linked between each
other) and statically (so that it is cached), and that can be added or
removed from an application as easily as the subclasses of the current
WAStringLibrary. As my requirements show WAStaticLibrary would include
all the existing functionality of WAStringLibrary but extend it with
something more generic.

Wouldn't this be useful for other applications as well? Am I the only
one looking for something like this?

Just me few cents,
Lukas

--