[Seaside] new user curious about use of GLORP with Seaside on Squeak 3.8

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Tue Jan 10 22:27:55 CET 2006

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Todd Blanchard wrote:

> If using oracle with glorp is a hard requirement for you, you will want to
> use the seaside port on VisualWorks where the glorp implementation supports
> many more databases.  Glorp on squeak is postgres only.

Glorp on squeak is postgres only because as far as I know there's no
interface for oracle available for squeak. Same for the rest of the
databases that work with VW glorp. Glorp works on top of a database
connect/driver. (Of course, even if squeak had oracle drivers I would most
likely ignore it since I don't hate myself enough to install oracle on my
puter. But maybe someone else does)