[Seaside] Configuration

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Jan 12 18:13:38 CET 2006

Well, no, I think it was somewhat stalled even in 2.5.  The idea was to
make it easier to specify configuration in files so that the same image
could be deployed on a test server and a live server for example, or a
new image could be deployed in place and take up the configuration the
previous image was using.

We wanted to make it easy to define site-wide preferences and then have
applications be able to override individual options.

The inheritance was there but we never really got to the file part and
never had a good UI for dealing with these inherited properties so it
never got used.  Avi was talking about stripping down the inheritance
model and making it simpler but to be honest I'm not sure where, if
anywhere, that got to.

Julian