[Seaside] Scriptaculous usage questions

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Jan 17 17:33:40 CET 2006

Cees De Groot wrote:
> (one issue I already encountered is that Seaside sessions serialize
> requests - so the blocking update poll request blocks out anything
> else in that session, meaning that this thing needs to run in its own
> session, probably).

I'd think you'd want them in different seaside sessions anyway.  The
call centre employee might have different menu options, etc.  They might
be in an app that just keeps taking them to the next person who needs
help and thus going "back" might be somewhere completely different from
where the website user's "back" is.  It didn't sound like you wanted the
call centre employee to enter the user's session, just to have a form on
one of their pages linked to a form on one of he user's...  best not to
confuse that with a session, I'd say.

Can't help you with the JS as I haven't had a chance to do much
scriptaculous stuff yet...  just need to find an excuse to work it into
something at work... :)

Julian